Scar Revision Dallas
Scars are the unavoidable results of injury or surgery and they can be obvious, unsightly or disfiguring. Sometimes, a scar can make us feel very self-conscious if it is raised or s a different color or texture than our natural skin.
The goal of scar revision surgery is to minimize the scar so that it more closely matches the surrounding skin.
Am I a candidate for scar revision surgery?
You may be a candidate for scar revision surgery if you are in good overall health, do not smoke, and:
- You are bothered by a scar anywhere on your body
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for your scar revision surgery
- You do not have active acne or other skin diseases in the area to be treated
The Treatment or Procedure
Dr. Jejurikar will discuss various treatments with you during your consultation where together you will decide which options are best-suited for your individual case. Dr. Jejurikar may recommend a combination of scar revision techniques to achieve the best results.
- Topical treatments, such as gels, tapes or external compression, can help in wound closure and healing, or to reduce the ability of skin to produce irregular pigment.
- Injectable treatments are often used to fill depressed or concave scars. Therapy must be repeated to maintain results.
Dr. Jejurikar will be happy to consult with you personally to address any of your questions or concerns. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Jejurikar or for more information about our services, please contact our office directly at 214.827.2814.