Dallas & Plano, TX
The ravages of time and the environment can leave our skin ruddy and splotchy, making us look much older than we really are. One set of treatments that can help rejuvenate and reveal the baby smooth skin of our youth is Chemical Peels. Chemical Peels remove the damaged outer layers of skin to give our countenances a rebirth of sorts, revealing the brand-new layers of skin underneath.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) statistics, chemical peels are among the most popular skin treatments.
There are three levels of skin peels: light, medium, or deep:
- “Light” chemical peels provide surface exfoliation through the use of AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and is the most superficial. There are other mixtures of chemicals that can be used depending on your skin tone and color.
- “Medium” chemical peels exfoliate more deeply and remove both the surface and upper-middle layers of skin to remove acne scars, deeper wrinkles and blotchy skin tones. These are usually composed of TCA (trichloroacetic acid) and is much stronger than an AHA peel.
- “Deep” chemical peels use phenol and are the most intense form of chemical peels the hardest on the skin. These phenol peels are reserved for those who have severe wrinkling, sun damage, scarring and blotchy patches. These treatments require more of a commitment in the form of pre-treatment steps, local anesthesia and recovery time, but the trade-off s worth the dramatic results. The results of one deep chemical peel can last up to 10 years.
Dr. Jejurikar will be happy to consult with you regarding the different kinds and strengths of chemical peels to treat skin damage that may have occurred because of the following conditions:
- Acne or acne scars
- Age and liver spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Rough skin and scaly patches
- Sun damage
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Jejurikar will be happy to talk with you personally to address any of your questions or concerns. Call (214) 827-2814 to schedule a consultation with Dr. J to discuss a Chemical Peel at our Dallas or Plano location.
Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute
9101 N Central Expy #600
Dallas, TX 75231
Legacy Plastic Surgery Institute
5425 West Spring Creek Pkwy #120
Plano, TX 75024